Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When did I forget to feed the geese?

I took a walk yesterday around Cheney Lake. It's a beautiful little lake that has been part of my life for almost as long as I can remember. I was alone with my thoughts on my little walk and kept seeing myself in other people I passed... like Scrooge in the Christmas story where he watches his life past, present, and future play before him. I saw a kid fishing with his dad and remembered the first time my dad took me fishing. It was at Cheney Lake too, with a blue Mickey Mouse fishing pole. Will fishing with a future family of my own be something I can look forward to? Then I passed a family feeding the ducks and geese. I LOVE feeding those little critters! It was one of my favorite summer activities as a kid. Why don't I do that anymore? When did life get so busy I forgot to feed the ducks? The whole walk was full of similar thoughts and inquiries to myself. It was good and rather theraputic. God has His ways of getting me to stop and think about life in general. Yesterday it was a simple walk I had a feeling I should take... and it was good.

No comments: