Saturday, August 2, 2008

A front row seat...

There was a cop directing traffic at the intersection of Northern Lights and Lake Otis. Was there an accident? NO. Construction? Yes, but there's always construction during the summer in Anchorage and it doesn't warrant the exhaustion of our law enforcement personnel. Today the reason my less-than-15-minute trip from the blood bank to my apartment took about 35 was due to the fact that all roads leading home were infiltrated by runners. There was some feel-good sponsored run going on today and I had the privilege of watching from a front row seat (saying it that why makes me feel better about sitting in traffic). I can't complain, the runners were out doing something good for the world and that's what matters here. I just found the cop directing traffic unusual today and definitely had the time to take a few cell phone pictures to share.

No comments: