Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Longer Rope

My six month review at work is right around the corner and I just finished a written self-assessment. I feel the need to share a piece of it with the world. Sometimes I am so honest I crack myself up.

The fifth question on the assessment was "What do you need to do your job more effectively?" and was finding it difficult to answer.

And then it came to me:

I need more patience. There are select clients that make the trip to the end of the proverbial rope a lot quicker than others. Maybe I just need a longer rope.

My supervisor's supervisor has a BA in English and a good sense of humor. Of all the people that may read my self-assessment, I think he will appreciate it the most.

I'll let you know how it went over when I meet with everyone for the review. Or maybe I won't let you know. Don't hold your breath.

No comments: