Monday, March 30, 2009

Work.

Today is a state holiday called Seward's Day. If you don't know anything about it, look it up. Though I had it off work... I went in for a few hours today. Last week I had terrible time adjusting to the time change since returning to Alaska from New York; had a few hours to make up. As you can see, our computers are all unplugged and covered with bags to protect them from any volcanic ash particulates that may come inside. The server was also down which meant all work to be done had to not involve the computer. Hard copy paperwork can only take up so much time and purging the file drawers was tolerable... But only with some music. That boombox saved the day today and I found myself enjoying the empty office a lot more than I thought I would in the middle of a nice day. The bumper sticker-like magnet in the third picture is hanging at my desk at work and gets laughs out of everyone who comes by. Just thought it would be fun to share here too.

No comments: