Friday, July 16, 2010

The Only Voices I Hear

With the utmost respect, I would like to share a few statements that touched me a few days ago during a meeting I was in with one of my clients and a clinician from my office.


These are direct quotes.

“I would like to write an autobiography of my life to tell people I’m not schizophrenic.” –Client

“I don’t hear voices… I listen to my CD player, that’s the only voices I hear.” –Client

“Do you ever see anything other people don’t see?” –Clinician
“Only what I draw on paper.” –Client

“I don’t want to go back there.” –As said by the client in a calm, reflective manner after sharing a little about his 3 or so years in jail.

1 comment:

Ronno said...

Those remarks from the client sound like something out of a John Prine song.

Everything means more than it seems at first take.