Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Medicine Cabinet Mantra

Once upon a time (2005) while living in Maryland as a young single adult, I wrote down something my LDS Institute of Religion teacher said in class on a small piece of paper. This little message somehow made it through multiple moves in Maryland, a cross-country move back to my home state of Alaska in 2007, and multiple moves here in Alaska.  I never remember packing it, let alone packing it somewhere safe (it is a little smaller than a post-it note). Yet... it always shows up within the first few minutes of unpacking, bringing me a smile and a glimmer of hope.  I have been at my current residence for over 2 years now (yes, my nomadic self is in shock too) and have drawn daily strength from what I now officially deem as "My Medicine Cabinet Mantra".  Consider this a shout-out to all the amazing LDS Institute of Religion teachers of my past, present, and future. Thank you all!

"God may not always answer your prayers when you want Him to... but He will always be on-time" -Tracy Kirkham, Suitland (Maryland) Institute Teacher, 5/23/2005

No comments: