Monday, December 4, 2006

Public Information

What gives an organization the idea to put the date, time, and location of a strictly private executive meeting in the community calendar section of the local newspaper???

Yeah, I don't know either.

I went through a quarter tank of gas to cover a NAACP meeting this evening for an article due in my journalism class. I have attempted to cover other meetings for weeks but lo, they were all canceled or their dates were published incorrectly. Finally I find one that interests me (a bonus, not a requirement by any means) and was still happening (I checked with the library) and... they tell me to leave.

Thank you very much America. Some public information just shouldn't be public.

And for the record, I left a message at the number I called previously, apologizing for trying to attend a private meeting. I explained why I was confused about the public vs. private status and mentioned that I'd do my best to visit one of the regular public NAACP meetings... which I will.

No comments: