Saturday, March 14, 2009

1000 Words

If a picture is worth a thousand words... Are three worth three-thousand? I sat with Grandma today. She's smaller. She has lost most of her hair. Her mind comes and goes, and she cries a lot. A year and a half ago she didn't like her kitchen cabinets so she stripped them and redid them herself. Seeing her helpless and just laying there was so... backwards. She's still grandma though. I caught glimpses of Grandma that I know here and there. She knew who I was. When asked if she wanted candy (chocolate) she said, "You bet I do" and I think I saw a smile peek through. Her skin is soft like it always has been; she swears by Dove soap. Her eyes are beautiful brown, just like my mom's. Grandma is there, she waited for me, and my heart is full. (On a lighter note, Cousin Andy and I went to dinner just the two of us tonight and then simply hung out looking at pictures, eating sugar-free cremesicles, and watching pointless television.)

No comments: