Thursday, March 19, 2009

Distractions

It rained yesterday; smelled so good when I went outside on my way to go visit Grandma, I drove with my window down the whole way there. Grandma's sister, Aunt Sally, arrived safely. She's shorter than I imagined. She stands about 4 foot 10 inches, give or take a few. Her facial expressions as Grandma, her little sister, went between sleeping and mumbling nonesense were... Heartbreaking. What does one say to a woman so torn? I don't know. I didn't know. So when I felt my eyes fill with tears, I left. It was my temporary solution. I needed some distractions. A passing train was a good start. A cool entrance to a little Italian restaurant was helpful (as well as their eggplant parm). The best was watching my cousin rock out on the drums when I got back to his house. His brother Mike was here and another guy with his own drumset. Dualling drumsets... Nothing better to distract a person who loves music. Thank you Andy for a good rescue.

No comments: